International Development Planning Review seeks Viewpoint Editor
IDPR – Call for a Viewpoint Editor
International Development Planning Review is seeking to appoint a Viewpoint Editor to join the existing editorial team (Dr Daniel Hammett, Dr Glyn Williams). The Viewpoint Editor is responsible for sourcing and handling short, critical interventions and provocations aimed at promoting debate and discussion at the forefront of development studies.
The Viewpoint Editor will be expected to:
Deliver 4 Viewpoints per year (i.e. 1 Viewpoint per issue of the journal). To this end they will:
- Actively seek Viewpoint contributions – including from Editorial Board members – as well as handling submissions of potential Viewpoints.
- Engage creatively with the role and identify possibilities for alternative styles of Viewpoint content (including but not limited to Forums, Roundtables, etc)
- Handle the review process for Viewpoint submissions (including identifying and inviting reviewers, collating reviewers’ comments, and making decisions on submissions)
- Correspond with (potential) authors as required throughout the submission process
- Participate in annual Editorial meetings, plus ad hoc meetings and discussions with the co-editors as required.
Enquiries and applications should be sent to Dr Daniel Hammett at D.Hammett@sheffield.ac.uk.
The deadline for applications for this role is 16th November 2018.