Free eBook Download - Transnational French Studies
Transnational French Studies
Postcolonialism and Littérature-monde
Edited by Alec G. Hargreaves, Charles Forsdick, and David Murphy
To mark the 10th anniversary of the 2007 manifesto in favour of a 'Littérature-monde en français' we are making Transnational French Studies free to download for a limited 24 hour period on Friday 24th March.
You can also click here to read an interview between Charles Forsdick and two of the manifesto’s principal signatories, Alain Mabanckou and Abdourahman A. Waberi, which took place in light of this anniversary.
Toward a ‘World Literature’ in French, has generated new debates in both francophone and postcolonial studies. Praised by some for breaking down the hierarchical division between French and Francophone literatures, the manifesto has been criticized by others for recreating that division through an exoticizing vision that continues to privilege the publishing industry of the former colonial métropole.
In Transnational French Studies, (edited by Alec G. Hargreaves, Charles Forsdick, and David Murphy) leading scholars of French, Francophone and postcolonial studies from around the globe help to assess the wider question of the evolving status of French Studies as a transnational field of study amid the challenges of globalization.
How to download Transnational French Studies, edited by Alec G. Hargreaves, Charles Forsdick, and David Murphy:
- Click the image above or here to land on the ebook page on our website
- Select ‘ADD TO CART’
- Follow to your cart and click ‘CHECKOUT’
- Fill out your customer details
- Click to enter your discount code FreeReadFriday and click ‘APPLY’
- Press continue to complete your order, your account will not be charged.
- If you do not already have Adobe Digital Editions, you’ll need to download this (also for free!) here: adobe.com/uk/products/digital-editions/download.html
- Select your chosen download for either Macintosh or Windows
- Save, Open, Run and follow the prompts through to installation. It is not necessary to create home shortcuts for this programme but ensure that you tick ‘Associate .acsm and .epub file types’
- Closing the installer once setup is complete will open the programme
- From here, simply go to File > Add to Library > then select your download of Transnational French Studies to begin reading
Free Humanities and Social Sciences eBooks
Each month, Liverpool University Press will be offering a different free academic eBook to its individual customers (no purchase required), downloadable from this page to read on your PC, Kindle, or other e-reader device.