The renowned Translated Texts for Historians E-Library makes available historical sources from A.D. 300–800 translated into English, in many cases for the first time. This indispensable collection contains 72 volumes from the series that bring together a wealth of important early medieval texts in translation, with scholarship from leading academics.
What are the benefits to your library?
- Comprehensive: 74-volume digital library with over 20,000 pages of translated historical sources, from the political letters and speeches of Ambrose of Milan to Zachariah of Mytilene’s Chronicle.
- Wide-ranging:The translated texts span A.D. 300–800 and have been translated into English from Greek, Latin, Syriac, Coptic, Arabic, Georgian, Armenian and Old Irish. The geographic range covers Syria, Arabia, Armenia, Georgia and Egypt in the East; North Africa; major cities of the Roman Empire (Antioch, Alexandria and Constantinople); and Spain, Gaul, Italy, Britain and Ireland in the West.
- Variety of texts: Types of writing include histories, chronicles, letters, annals, formularies, compendia, political speeches, military and theological handbooks, poems, documentary sources, records of church councils, biblical and theological commentaries, sermons, church histories, Christian treatises, Christian and pagan panegyric and polemic, neoplatonic texts, lives of saints, bishops and popes.
- Continuous access: 24/7 access to the most authoritative and scholarly translations of these texts.
- Invaluable: Each volume of scholarly translation includes an introduction setting the text into context, and rigorous notes on content, interpretation and debates.
- Interactive: Available on our new super-fast, feature-rich online eReader which presents volumes with a crisp fully-scalable image and the ability to zoom in, bookmark, copy text, print, and download.
- Digitally preserved: all content is digitally preserved in the CLOCKSS Archive.
One-off purchase: £2,979 / US$3,900
One-off purchase includes immediate access to all current content plus five years' worth of future content.
Statewide California Electronic Library Consortium (SCELC) members: Visit the SCELC website to see the discount available to you.
To order directly, please contact Jennie Collinson - Head of Sales & Marketing at LUP.